originally created by: Noreen's Kitchen
This is the simplest of the 3.
I used Delightful Dijon trimmed to 3.5 X 8.5 inches.
It is scored at the following: 1 1/2, 1 7/8, 5 and 5 3/8
For inks I used Mint Macaron and Cucumber Crush - embellishments are Basic Pearls.
You will also need velcro dots to secure the flap and Glue Dots or a Snail to hold the Post-It-Note pad.
Stamp and add embellishments before folding along score lines. Add the Sticky Notes and velcro strips. Total time to make 10 minutes.
Originally created by:
A little more complex but gives you a hard cover holder.
What you'll need:
Designer Series paper cut to: 7 1/2 X 3 3/4 inches - exterior cover.
7 X 4 inches - interior cover - you may need to trim this before you put
Whisper White Cardstock cut to 3 X 3 inches
Card board cut: (2) 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 and 1 at 1 1/2 X 3 1/4
Multi Purpose Glue or Fast Fuse Adhesive.
I used Tip Top Taupe Designer series paper and ink.
- Center the 1 1/2 inch wide cardboard in the longest sheet of designer series paper, and glue. Hopefully your ruler does centimeters as well as inches - but you need to mark 1/2 centimeter on each side of the cardboard. Line up both 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 on either side and glue.
- Trim all 4 corners at a diagonal.
- Fold down trim and glue to the cardboard.
- Glue the 7 X 4 inch piece on the inside.
- Glue the Sticky Note (Post-It-Note) to the inside of the book. (Prior to doing this you can paint the edges of your Sticky Notes with a metallic spray paint. I would suggest cutting a 3rd piece of 3 1/4 X 3 1/4 piece of cardboard before doing this to keep the edges from flying up.)
- Stamp the image on the Whisper White with your design and glue to your book.
Notice I cut my cardboard too small and so my Whisper White piece covers the whole. This took about an hour with waiting for the glue to dry.
Have to admit this one is my favorite for the busy professional.
Originally Designed by ChicnScratch
Warning: This one is complex (and the one you see is actually the second one I did.)
I used Cucumber Crush - Designer Series, Cardstock, and Ink and Whisper White Cardstock.
You will need:
Cardstock cut to 8 X 5 1/2
Whisper White Cardstock cut to 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 X 5 1/4
Designer Series Paper cut to 2 3/4 X 4 3/4, 3 3/4 X 5 1/2, and 1/2 X 3 1/4 (this last one is optional as you can use ribbon)
Sticky notes - 3X3 and mini.
- Score the 8 X 5 1/2 at 3 3/4 and 4 1/4
- Fold along score lines and set aside - this is the holder.
- Using the 3 3/4 X 5 1/2 score at 1/4 inch on three sides and fold - along score lines
- Adhere to the 3 1/2 X 5 1/4 whisper white by the flaps. This creates the pocket.
- Using a large oval punch or by eyeballing create a notch in the open side.
- Use Snail adhesive to the back of the front of your holder on the opposite size.
- Find the pen you wish to use - I just happened to have a gel pen that matched but a simple pen will
work fine. Place the 3X3 on the page and determine location of the pen - I put it near the inside fold,
but you can put it on the outside.
- using the 1/2 X 3 1/4 adhere one side where it will be under the Sticky Note using the snail (you can
also use Fast Fuse) Double check spacing with the Sticky Note and make a loop that the pen will fit
in. and glue to the where the end will be under the Sticky Note.
- Using Snail Adhesive adhere the Sticky Notes.
- Adhere the 2 3/4 X 4 3/4 Designer Series paper to the front cover.
- Stamp the Whisper White 2 1/2 X 4 1/2 with your designs.
- Adhere the Whisper White to the Designer Series Paper.
This one took me about an hour and a half. Mainly because I ended up having to make 2.
Now that you've completed all three sit back and smile at your accomplishment!
To order any of the items shown visit: http://www.stampinup.com/ECWeb/default.aspx?dbwsdemoid=2161352